To be eligible as a 2019/2020 Kashim Ibrahim Fellow, applicants must show some level of public interest orientation
Selection Criteria Include:
- Diversity: The programme will admit twenty-four (24) Fellows representing diverse ethnic, religious, and gender backgrounds, with varied educational and economic environments; working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen their communities and civic life.
- An established record of self-discipline, punctuality, dedication, respect, confidentiality and integrity as Fellows MUST embody the change they wish to see in the society.
- Commitment to engaging in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national level.
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact.
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking.
- Commitment to a rigorous programme of activities and to full-time residence in Kaduna for the ENTIRE duration of the programme.
- Fellowships are available for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways.
- Proficiency in English: Fellows must be fluent in spoken and written English as all programmes will be conducted in English.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens between 25 to 35 years of age.
- Have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree programme from a recognised University and have completed the National Youth Service Corp programme.