Application for Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship is FREE and open to all Nigerians between the age of 25-35 years. It is strictly an online process and selection of Fellows is based entirely on merit.
- Applications submitted on the portal before the stated deadline are automatically filtered for plagiarism and grammar. Those who attain the minimum score required (cut-off score) and beyond, make it to the second round of assessments.
- In the second round, each application undergoes a preliminary strength of argument, further use of English and demonstration of leadership/public service qualities assessment by independent editors and successful applications move to the third round of assessments.
- In this third level, each application is reviewed by two members of the Steering Committee. They are scored based on use of English, persuasiveness of argument, demonstration of leadership/public service qualities and strength of curriculum vitae (CV) and letters of recommendation. Applicants who meet the cut-off score and beyond are contacted and asked to make video submissions of themselves responding to questions asked.
- In stage four, the videos are reviewed by the Steering Committee with the best of them being selected for the consideration of the Governing Board.
- The Governing Board then does the final selection of the required number of Fellows who would form the next cohort of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship.
- The successful applicants are contacted by the KIF Secretariat and announced by the Governor at an unveiling ceremony.